Friday, November 15, 2013

Holiday Marathon #3: What I am Trying



One of my favorite things about the holidays is food. So I thought I would share a something I am excited to be trying this year! (I try a few for each holiday, they may or may not become a holiday staple in my house).

Hot Spiced Cider: Makes 8 Servings

8 Cups Apple Cider or Apple Juice
1/4 Cup packed Brown Sugar
6 inches stick of Cinnamon
1 Tspn Whole Allspice
1 Tspn Whole Cloves
1 Tspn shredded Orange Peel

In a large sauce pan combine cider and brown sugar.

For Spice bag put Cinnamon, Allspice, cloves, and orange peel in double thick cheesecloth tied with clean kitchen string. Add the bad to the saucepan with cider and bring to boiling. Reduce hear to simmer, and cover for ten minutes. Discard spice bag and serve.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I think your blog is lovely and I have nominatted you for the Liebster Award. You can see all the details for the Award on my blog.
    http://cityymermaid.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!
    Franchesca xo.

    ReplyDelete