Friday, January 3, 2014

What I Read This Week!

Lets just get to the list!

Title: The Elite by Kiera Cass
Rating: 5 Stars
From: Library

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


My Thoughts: I love this series, though I was a bit disappointed that some of my questions weren't answered. But we have one more book to go. Overall this was an amazing read. I read it in one day... does that tell you anything?


Title: Cress by Marissa Meyer (1st Chapter Teaser)
Rating: 5 Stars
From: Netgalley

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


My Thoughts: I wanted the rest of the book. One thing about these novels is you are dropped right into the action, and it makes for an amazing read. I can't wait to get my hands on this when it is finally released in full. And I am loving the new character Cress. Yea.... another anticipated book of 2014.

Title: Sia by Josh Grayson
Rating: 3 Stars
From: Netgalley

When seventeen-year-old Sia wakes up on a park bench, she has no idea who or where she is. Yet after a week of being homeless, she’s reunited with her family. At school, she’s powerful and popular. At home, she’s wealthy beyond her dreams. But she quickly realizes her perfect life is a lie. Her family is falling apart and her friends are snobby, cruel and plastic. Worse yet, she discovers she was the cruelest one. Mortified by her past, she embarks on a journey of redemption and falls for Kyle, the “geek” she once tormented. Yet all the time she wonders if, when her memories return, she’ll become the bully she was before…and if she’ll lose Kyle.

My Thoughts: I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. It was a good quick read that was predictable. What I love about this book is the beautiful cover... that is a bit of a disconnect from the story. But it is beautiful. I didn't hate it. That's about all I have left to say...

And my final book I can not find on goodreads to share with you but it is an Emily Post Everyday Etiquette book. It was a stocking stuffer this year and I have been learning some new things. The major stuff was taught to me as a kid. That is it for this week. 

Nothing new this year so far so...

Goal Total: 0/ 100

No comments:

Post a Comment